Reporting Concerns

The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) is always keen to hear your views on policing and crime.

If you wish to make the PCC aware of an issue, please contact him using the email address or use our online enquiry form

While the Commissioner’s Office has a role in monitoring how the police respond to complaints, it does not become involved in complaint investigations against Thames Valley Police or any of their officers or staff.


Making a Complaint...

Against a Thames Valley police officer or member of staff

If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received from Thames Valley Police we would recommend that in the first instance you try and take up any issue with the officer concerned and/or their line manager. Often this is the most straightforward way of resolving a matter. 
However, if this is not possible or appropriate, the Force’s Professional Standards Department is responsible for handling all complaints against Officers and Staff below Chief Constable as well as general complaints regarding the provision of the policing service in Thames Valley.
If you wish to make a complaint against Thames Valley Police please contact its Professional Standards Department: 
Head of Professional Standards
Professional Standards Department
Police Headquarters 
Oxford Road 
OX5 2NX 
By telephone: 101 (when dialling from within Thames Valley) 
01865 845690(when dialling from outside of Thames Valley) 
By email:
You also have the right to make a complaint against Thames Valley Police direct to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC). Information on the work of the IOPC and the complaints process can be found on the IOPC website (  

Against the Chief Constable, Police and Crime Commissioner or a member of the PCCs staff


Please write to: 

The Chief Executive 
Office of the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner 
Police Headquarters 
Oxford Road 
OX5 2NX 
If you wish to make a complaint against the Chief Executive you may write directly to the Police and Crime Commissioner at the above address.
Please note that the Commissioner’s Office cannot investigate complaints made anonymously.  

Further Information

More information on 'Making a Complaint' can be found in our Complaints Policy


Sign up for news

Fill in your email address to receive our e-newsletter direct to your inbox. You can view our Privacy Notice on our website. You can contact us to unsubscribe at any time.