Make a complaint about a police officer or member of police staff

While the Commissioner’s Office has a role in monitoring how the police respond to complaints, it does not become involved in complaint investigations. 

If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received from Thames Valley Police we would recommend that in the first instance you try and take up any issue with the officer concerned and/or their line manager. Often this is the most straightforward way of resolving a matter. 
However, if this is not possible or appropriate, the Force’s Professional Standards Department is responsible for handling all complaints against Officers and Staff below Chief Constable as well as general complaints regarding the provision of the policing service in Thames Valley.
If you wish to make a complaint against Thames Valley Police please contact its Professional Standards Department: 
Head of Professional Standards
Professional Standards Department
Police Headquarters 
Oxford Road 
OX5 2NX 
By telephone: 101 (when dialling from within Thames Valley) 
01865 846030 (when dialling from outside of Thames Valley) 
By email:
You also have the right to make a complaint against Thames Valley Police direct to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). Information on the work of the IPCC and the complaints process can be found on the IPCC website (  
More information on 'Making a Complaint' can be found in our Complaints Policy


Sign up for news

Fill in your email address to receive our e-newsletter direct to your inbox. You can view our Privacy Notice on our website. You can contact us to unsubscribe at any time.