Contracts and Tenders
Thames Valley Police aims to deliver a first class service whilst ensuring the force obtains value for money within it contracts and procurement. We make sure that contracts are in place to deliver a wide variety of services from operational equipment to services for support to the force
Both Thames Valley Police and the Police and Crime Commissioner are keen to promote transparency and openness, and there is a requirement under the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 as enlarged on and amended by Statutory Instruments 2011 3050 and 2012 2479 (the Act) for Police and Crime Commissioners (PCC) and Chief Constables to publish information on spend, tender information and details of contracts.
Policies for Procurement
Thames Valley Police operate all procurement under a set of policies and procedures which can be found below:
- Financial Regulations (part of the Corporate Governance Framework)
- Purchasing Policy
- Standard Contract Terms
Spend over £500
Details of all spend over £500 is currently collated and published on this website.
Invitations to Tender (ITT)
Tender opportunities for Thames Valley Police may be viewed on the Emergency Services Tendering system at www.bluelight.gov.uk. This is a dynamic system that is continually updated with tender opportunities which allows organisations to register within specific areas of interest to receive email notification of new tender opportunities including those from other emergency services.
Instructions for 'bluelight'
- To view tenders, click on 'New Opportunities' on the left hand menu.
- Under 'Organisation' on the form that appears, select "Thames Valley Police" and click on “Search” to view current tender opportunities.
- Alternatively, tick the “All Opportunities” box, then click on “Search” to see present and future opportunities.
Tenders are also advertised on Contract Finder https://www.gov.uk/contracts-finder ” or in TED (Tenders Electronic Daily) – the online version of the 'Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union' (OJEU) as appropriate http://ted.europa.eu/TED/main/HomePage.do
All formal contracts carried out by Thames Valley Police on behalf of the PCC are registered on a National Contracts Database at https://www.blpd.gov.uk/foi/foi.aspx
Instructions for 'blpd'
- To view contract information utilise the drop down box next to "Organisation".
- Select "Thames Valley Police" for contracts for Thames Valley PCC
- For details on specific contracts click the link under "Contract Title"