Business documents

Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 intends to create a culture of transparency and accountability to allow for better understanding of how the Police and Crime Commissioner works, how decisions are made and how we spend public money.

The Act gives anyone a right to access all types of recorded information held by public authorities, subject to exemptions listed and places a number of obligations on public authorities.

Any person who makes a request to a public authority for information must be informed whether the public authority holds that information and, subject to exemptions, supplied with that information.

Before you make an FOI request, please visit Our Information to see if the information you’re looking for is already available. You may also want to view our latest FOI Disclosure Log to see if a similar request has already been made.

To make an FOI request, please contact us here.

In-Tend Procurement System – FOI Contracts Register

To see the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please visit

You can view the FOI Disclosure Logs for previous years in our archive.

Request your Information

If you would like to see the personal data that the OPCC hold on you, you may wish to make a subject access request (SAR). Further details on how to do this are below.

Submitting a SAR to the OPCC

To submit a subject access request (SAR) we require:

  • A clear statement of what the information you are requesting is;
  • Two forms of identification, which between them show your name, date of birth and current signature.

To ensure we answer your request as accurately as we can, please submit your request in writing.  You can do so via email, or via post: OPCC Governance Team, The Farmhouse, Thames Valley Police HQ, Oxford Road, Kidlington, OX5 2NX

We have one calendar month in which to respond to your request.  If we believe it will take longer, we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Please note that a SAR only allows us to disclose your own personal data and not that relating to other people.

Data held by Thames Valley Police

Thames Valley Police and the OPCC are two separate entities, and the OPCC do not hold operational policing data such as: crime reports, statements etc.

If you require your personal data from Thames Valley Police, please send your request, along with your identification to: or Public Access, Thames Valley Police HQ, Oxford Road, Kidlington, OX5 2NX

Alternatively you can call them on 101 or apply via the Thames Valley Police website