AIM: Improved reporting and understanding of the prevalence and nature of hate crime across Thames Valley.
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- A third-party reporting mechanism has been created within the Victims First service which allows victims or witnesses who aren't comfortable reporting directly to the police to report to Victims First instead
- A campaign to raise awareness of hate crime and encourage those who are a victim or a witness to report it has been developed and continues to be promoted.
- Currently developing the Victims First Connect service which consists of information points in the community with the aim that a number of these will also be third party reporting sites for hate crime.
Thames Valley Police
- A joint Thames Valley Police / Crown Prosecution Service hate crime prosecution working group has been established, with a focus on file quality to maximise successful prosecutions.
- Local Policing Area's (LPA) continue to develop their hate crime action plans, working with hard to reach and vulnerable communities to identify and reduce the impacts of hate crime. These plans feature a standing agenda item for each LPA Independent Advisory Group (IAG).