AIM: A review by police and other criminal justice partners on whether processes for identifying and referring individuals in contact with the criminal justice system into substance misuse services are as effective as they could be.
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- Over £3m of funding provided to Local Authorities across the Thames Valley to tackle local priorities including offender management programmes and substance misuse services.
- Over £46,000 provided to develop a conditional caution scheme for alcohol related violence which will result in access to a substance misuse scheme.
Thames Valley Police
- Key Criminal Justice partners are being engaged in order to establish complementary approaches to diversion and offender aftercare referrals, for example probation services and custody partnerships including Liaison and Diversion. The timing of the rollout is linked to the delivery of effective rehabilitative treatments including Victim Awareness Course and drug and alcohol treatment.
- The Policing Strategy Unit is working with West Berkshire LPA to pilot an alternative out of court disposal process for those arrested for drugs possession.
- Monitoring and evaluation arrangements, and the development of interventions (e.g. drug diversion pilot proposals, an Alcohol Related Violence course) are ongoing.