Prevent Violence Extremism
AIM: Greater oversight across Thames Valley of activities to prevent violent extremism, share lessons learned and promote good practice.
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- Over £3m of funding provided to Local Authorities across the Thames Valley to tackle local priorities including offender management programmes.
- Creation of a Prevent newsletter to share latest information and news.
- Member of staff who delivers Prevent training to relevant organisations.
Thames Valley Police
- Buckinghamshire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) are planning a pilot programme linked to Prevent referrals; with Counter Terrorism Police South East delivering training to help staff and partners identify signs of radicalisation. The programme aims to improve the quality and quantity of referrals.
- In collaboration with the Slough Prevent Advisory Group, Q&A sessions with members of the public on prevention and radicalisation were held. A similar session was undertaken with the Slough Faith Partnership.
- In Local Policing Areas such as Bracknell & Wokingham, and Wycombe, enhanced problem-solving and re-structuring of neighbourhood policing is ensuring effective intelligence-gathering to protect communities from organised crime activity and recognise risks of radicalisation.