Operation Deter Evaluation
Invitation to Quote to evaluate Operation Deter
The Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Thames Valley and the Thames Valley Violence Reduction Unit (TV VRU) are seeking to utilise up to £30,000 for a process evaluation and up to £40,000 for an impact evaluation of Operation Deter.
Consideration will be given to bidders that apply for only one part of the evaluation (process or impact), though the preference is that the same research team complete both parts (even if divided into sub-teams).
Despite knife-enabled crime being down year on year across the Thames Valley, there has been growing community concern in some local areas following a number of tragic knife related homicides.
Operation Deter was therefore introduced in July 2022 to provide a more robust approach to knife enabled crime, combining prosecution, early intervention and diversion to tackle offending, as well as the wider culture of knife carrying. Initially piloted in Milton Keynes, the process is applied to those who come into custody for knife enabled offences, with distinct pathways for those who are over 18 and under 18.
While Operation Deter is beginning to demonstrate positive outputs across the Thames Valley, it is yet to be independently evaluated. The PCC and TV VRU have therefore committed to co-funding independent process and impact evaluations in order to identify and measure the benefits arising from this approach.
Further information can be found on the Cabinet Office site Find A Grant:
To apply, please download the full documentation and application details:
- Invitation to Quote (ITQ) Operation Deter Impact Evaluation
- Invitation to Quote (ITQ) Operation Deter Process Evaluation
Closing date: 8 November 2023, 11:59pm
ITQ Quote timetable
- 2.2 Date of Issue of ITQ to all Bidders – 10/10/2023
- 2.3 Latest date/time ITQ clarification questions should be received – 24/10/2023 (12:00)
- 2.4 Latest date/time ITQ clarification answers should be sent to all potential Bidders by the Buyer – 27/10/2023 (18:00)
- 2.5 Latest date/time ITQ Bid shall be received – 08/11/2023 (12:00)
- 2.6 Anticipated Award Notification Date – 22/11/2023 (no later than)
- 2.7 Anticipated Call Off Contract Start Date – 01/12/2024 (no later than)
- 2.8 Anticipated Call Off Contract End Date: 02/12/2024