In October 2014, the Police and Crime Commissioner became responsible for commissioning new emotional and practical support services for victims of crime in the Thames Valley.
Current services commissioned to support victims of crime include the Victims First Emotional Support Service (VFESS) and the Victims First Adult Specialist Service (VFSS) delivered by Thames Valley Partnership, and the Young Victims Service, delivered by SAFE!
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner will be recommissioning the Thames Valley-wide core victims provision later this year with the new commissioned services set to launch on 1 April 2024.
In Spring 2023, the OPCC held a series of co-production market engagement events with victims as part of a review into existing victims’ services. You can find out more details on these events below.
These helped to identify a variety of areas to focus on when recommissioning our services for victims, the tender process for which is now open.
The tender process is for three victim services:
- services to support adults,
- services to support children and young people and
- services to support victims of sexual violence
Contracts will be awarded for 3 + 1 + 1 years. Interested parties can find more information by clicking this link.
Market engagement events (Spring 2023)
In March and April 2023, Victims First held a series of market engagement events to discuss adults provision (23/3), sexual violence support (27/3) and children and young people support (24/4).
During these events, feedback was collated from attendees on both the commissioning process and the victims’ services service model.
Below, you can find links to feedback from each event has been collated as well as a link to the slides used at each event:
- Thursday 23rd March – Adults provision feedback (OpenDocument Text)
- Thursday 23rd March – Adults provision slides (Adobe PDF)
- Monday 27th March – Sexual violence support feedback (OpenDocument Text)
- Monday 27th March – Sexual violence support slides (Adobe PDF)
- Monday 24th April – Children and young people support feedback (OpenDocument Text)
- Monday 24th April – Children and young people support slides (Adobe PDF)
To contact Victims First call 0300 1234 148
Further information about the support available as well as information on crime can be found on the Victims First website