Getting in touch
Here you can find details on how to contact the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Thames Valley - we look forward to hearing from you.
You can submit your enquiry through our online enquiry form or alternatively you can contact us by post, email or telephone using the details below.
Please note: complaints should be submitted as per our Complaints Policy
Contacting Thames Valley Police
Any police related enquiries should be made through calling 101 or visiting https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/contact/contact-us/. In an emergency dial 999.
We aim to deal with all enquiries as set out in our service standards below:
Enquiries in writing - by post or by email
- You can expect a notification of receipt within two working days of the office receiving your letter or email
- We aim to answer letters and emails as quickly as possible, and within ten working days from the day following receipt
- If we are reliant on information from another source and it is not expected within that timescale, then we will keep you informed.
Enquiries by telephone
- We request that all invitations to the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) are to be made in writing via post or email
- We may ask that requests for complex information be made in writing
- Calls will not be transferred directly to the PCC and we may ask that any request to speak with the PCC be put in writing
Please Note: The core opening hours of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner are
Monday - Thursday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 4.00pm
The Office is closed on bank holidays and public holidays.