Statement of Accounts
The Statement of Accounts are statutory documents produced annually. They provide information about the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) and the Chief Constable's financial performance and financial position.
There are statements, one covering the Chief Constable and the other about the PCC and the 'group' as a whole (the combined performance of the PCC and the Chief Constable).
The Statement of Accounts contains the following information about the previous financial year:
- Narrative report
- Audit report and opinion
- Statement of responsibilities
- Annual governance statement
- Statement of accounting policies
- Income and expenditure account
- Movement in reserve statement
- Cash flow statement
- Balance sheet
- Notes to the accounts
- Pension fund accounts
- Glossary of terms
All Local Authorities, Chief Constables and PCCs are required to follow the same standard format when producing their statutory accounts. This should enable members of the public to compare and contrast the Authority's financial performance over a number of years as well as with other Local Authorities, Chief Constables and PCCs.
Summary of Accounts
The Annual Statement of Accounts is, by necessity, a very lengthy and technical document. For a shorter, more readable summary of the financial position, please read the narrative report at the beginning of the statement of accounts.
We would really appreciate your feedback on whether you have found the statement of accounts helpful, interesting and, most importantly of all, easy to understand.
Any suggestion for improvement in future years is welcome. Please e-mail your comments to the PCCs Chief Financial Officer or call 01865 846786
- Public Inspection Notice 2016
- PCC Statement of Accounts 2015-16
- Chief Constable Statement of Accounts 2015-16
- PCC Audit Certificate 2015-16
- Chief Constable Certificate 2015-16
- Annual Audit letter 2015-16
- Notice of certification of completion of audit 2015-16